Our attorneys bring years of experience helping farmers and agricultural companies solve their legal problems. We understand agriculture. Today’s sophisticated farm operations face a complex set of regulations and legal issues. Over the years, we’ve helped farmers draft contracts, addressed issues connected with the expansion of farming operations, and worked with regulators to resolve environmental, insurance, and other challenges. We’ve also helped our clients negotiate complex loan arrangements, working with large and small lenders to close loans for land acquisition, operating lines, and other types of farm debt.
We’ve helped clients in a wide variety of ag law matters.
- Farm estate and business planning, including wills, trusts for farm corporations, LLCs and partnerships.
- Farm succession planning for the next generation.
- Farm sales and purchases.
- Ag business and commercial law, including cooperatives, and landlord and contract feeding liens.
- Contracts, including hog contracts and grain contracts.
- Real estate, including farm leases, fence and boundary law, farm drainage, and cell tower easements.
- Section 1031 Exchanges (like-kind exchanges of farm property).
Experience, training, and specialized knowledge give our attorneys a unique advantage when representing our agricultural clients. Our agricultural law expertise allows us to provide the highest level of service.